Wednesday 30 July 2014

Reason For Vengeance

Well it has been a proper days work today.  Start at 9.00 am, hour break for lunch and finish at 6.00 pm.  I was editing all day.  I started at page 103 and set myself a target of 120 pages - 15 pages an hour.  Not unreasonable and I'm really happy as I made it all the way to page 244.  This will save me a couple of hours tomorrow.

Now I have the difficult decision of do I publish tomorrow?

I know I can make all the changes by end of play but the question is - have I caught all the errors?

A couple of good friends of mine are working on it as beta readers and I doubt they will be back before the end of August.  That will delay me a month and all the people I have told about the book are expecting it tomorrow.

I honestly don't know what to do.  If I do delay it will give me a chance to re-write the Prologue as I'm not that happy with it.  It was one of the first parts I wrote and it's not that great.  I can clearly see how much better my writing is in the second half of the book.

That in itself is a good reason.  It would be the first part any agent reads and available for free as the first 10% of the book on Amazon.  A poor first chapter could mean the difference between success and failure.

Hmm.  I think I have just answered my own question.

No comments:

Post a Comment