Wednesday 16 July 2014

Reason For Vengeance

Originally Posted 03/06/14

A bit of a test of will power today.  I woke up and it was raining.  I just could not be bothered this morning but I thought "I'll take it one bit at a time."
Started with shave and teeth, did that.  Calesthenics next, push ups, sits ups and chin ups.  That all felt good so moved onto the weights and I got through the full routine.
Now I was really up for it so a quick breakfast then onto the bike and 22 miles later I was feeling top of the world.
To be fair all of that took a far bit out of me so I was a bit slow to getting to the writing and I didn't sit down until 10.30.  With a break for lunch I managed to work all the way through to 6.30 pm and I really felt I could keep going.
I did get confused at one point.  I said yesterday that I had done 3,500 words and I could only see 2,400.  It took me a while to figure out that I had saved the book to my back up flash drive and not to the computer.  Fortunately it was only a single section of writing and not any editing so it was easy to drop back in.
After all was said and done I finished another complete section.  At 5,000 words it was not a long one but it's another mile stone and I am really pleased with what I've written.  That is nine sections down and three to go, though I am starting to think the last one could go into book two.  We'll see where the story goes.
Total now at 99,000 words.
Off to see X-man days of Future Past.  I feel I've earned it.
Oh I've just had another idea for a story and I think this one has legs.  That's one on the go, two definites and a maybe.  I know it is only day two but I really feel this could work.

No comments:

Post a Comment