Friday 18 July 2014

Susie Wolff

I must admit.  I have always wondered how much Susie's appointment at Williams is PR.  I have nothing against woman drivers, not in the slightest and I would love to see more. 

What has concerned me is that compared to other drivers she has not had the success in other Formulas.  Her two best years were 5th in Formula Renault UK and 13th in DTM.  Not exactly the resume of an F1 driver.  Even the test drivers have won championships in the lower formulas.  The other thing going against her is her age, at 32 she would actually be one of the oldest drivers on the grid.  As Michael Schumacher proved, age does slow you down and experience can only compensate for so much.

Anyway I got a little far off track there.  My point is that she is only 2 10th's off Felipe Massa's time at FP1 in Hockenheim this morning.  For a driver on their first proper outing in the car that is incredibly good.  I say that is a good evidence she has earned her place.

No comments:

Post a Comment