Wednesday 16 July 2014

X-Men: Days of Future Past

Originally Posted 04/06/14

This entry is not about the book as I have had the day off to spend with my daughter, tomorrow will be the same.  These days were booked long before the risk of redundancy came up at work and I decided to try and make writing my job.
I was a good day, potty buying in the morning as she is at that stage and a trip to the nursery she is starting in September in the morning.  The rest of the day was spent playing as well as all those parent things you do.  Nappies, lunch, drink, nap time etc.
I enjoyed the film last night.  I think the route they have taken with X-Men since the Last Stand is kind of working.  Rather than trying to push the team storyline they have been bouncing around all over the place and that has kept it fresh.  Days of Future Past tied in all six (no I can't believe it is six either) of the other films in and left them plenty of room to carry on if they wanted to.  To a film fan it probably seems a bit contrived but as a DC Comic fan for the last fifteen years I am kind of used to it.
My one grip and is that it did not have enough action and a Superhero film that seems a little odd.  I didn't actually think of that until this morning so I'm not sure if it counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment