Sunday 7 September 2014

The Weekend

After a very full week it was nice to have the weekend off.

On Saturday I was at Warwick Castle with my lovely Daughter and her family on her mother's side.  It was a great day, not too hot, not cold in the slightest and the castle itself was fascinating.  Too be honest, if I'm with my daughter it is always a good day but it was still enjoyable.  I think her highlight was playing around a tree with her cousin who is also her best friend, while we had lunch.

Unfortunately, I didn't look after myself.  I didn't drink enough and ended the day with the worst migraine I had experienced for years.  When I got home all I could do was drink some water, have a couple of Ibruprofen and collapse into bed.  After an hours sleep, I felt a bit better, enough to stick a pizza on for dinner anyway.  I really didn't feel like any food but I knew I had to eat and I'm glad I did.  I felt almost human afterward.

Today has been a relaxing day.  This morning I spent reading a set of comics I had really been looking forward to, I missed an issue so I couldn't read them all until today.  Then it was the Italian Grandprix in Monza.  What a race and what a result for Williams!  I think that may be in the top three for the year so far.

This afternoon I cut the grass and sat in the sun reading a new book - Fortune's Gambit for a reading group I've just joined on Goodread.  I'm not sure about it at the moment, nothing new or surprising.  I'll finish it and see what others think.

Now to water the garden, dinner and the BTCC.

No comments:

Post a Comment