Monday 8 September 2014

Return For Vengeance

I just had a nice boost.  Someone gave Reason a four star review on Goodreads.  I dropped her a note to say thank you.  I did worry that it might have freaked her out, I'm still learning Goodreads, but she just sent me a nice note back so hopefully not.

Reviews, good or bad are important.  The bad so I know where I am going and what I need to improve on.  The good have a two fold importance, an emotional boost for obvious reasons but also they let me know I'm heading in the right direction.  I write in a vacuum pretty much and the only way I know that what is coming out of my head and is being translated in a well told manner is through unbiased reviews.  My friends and family say it's good but I always have they niggle in my head that says "are they just saying it to be nice?"

It was also perfect time for a nice review.  I'm taking my daughter to see my family in Essex on Wednesday and I'll have the dreaded question from my Dad.  "How many books have you sold?"  He's asking as he is genuinely interested and worried.  I'd prefer he did ask than not but it is good to have something positive to say rather than just give a depressingly low number.

Well I am going to keep plugging away until this series is finished at the bare minimum.

On that note another 6,000 words written and the total stands at 101,000 words.  Two thirds of the way in.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment