Friday 5 September 2014

Return For Vengeance

I really need to re-look at the title of this one.  I'm not happy with it.  I'll leave until after I've finished the first draft though.

Talking about the first draft, it is going well.  As I finished on 68,000 last week I wanted to get to 95,000 this week so I could round out the numbers again.  Monday put me 1,000 words closer and Tuesday dropped me back so I had an extra 3,500 words on top of the basic 5,000, to complete over the next three days.  It has been a real challenge, illustrated by me still at my desk at 7.00 pm and putting in a total of 45 hours work this week.  If you include lunch, that is a 50 hour working week.

I wasn't writing for the two hours after lunch today as I worked out the next big section.  It was worth it and I managed to get right on it and do what I wanted to.

I'll actually looking forward to writing the next bit, it's going to be a big action laced sequence similar to the raid on Tumbler's building but bigger, more complex, more characters and more POV's.  Should be fun.

Now off to put some dinner on and enjoy a well-deserved pint of cider (I still have quite a few in my cupboard that I had earmarked for hot sunny days but we've kind of run out of them).

Total now at 95,000 words (as I'm sure you guessed).

No comments:

Post a Comment