Tuesday 23 September 2014

Return For Vengeance

It's getting harder.  There is no other way to say it.

The writing itself is OK I think when I can get the proper concentration behind it.  What is making it harder is remembering everything.  Below are a few of the things I keep having to refer back to.

Who knows what?
Where has a character been?
How does this tech work?
What is this tech called?
What are the rules for this?

I've got a hard copy for Reason For Vengeance, an excel spreadsheet, a notebook for soft notes (writing things out), a notebook for hard notes (rules set in stone), a cork board and a white board.

I am constantly checking all of these things and referring to the previous 100,000 plus words I have already written for book two.  When I look at people like Terry Pratchett, David Weber, Raymond E. Feist, Robert Jordon and George RR Martin I don't see how they don't just drown in information.  Pratchett, Weber and Feist are the real heroes though Martin is getting a lot of kudos at the moment.  Martin has done six books in Ice and Fire where Pratchett has 36 Discworld novels, 26 Harrington novels for Weber and I lost track of Feist a while ago with his series beginning with Magician.

So hats off to these astounding authors and I'm sure there are many others like them.

Anyway, that's my gripe for the day.  Not too bad at 4,500 words.  Dinner is cooking and then I'm off to see Lucy at the cinema.  I've been looking forward to that for a while and I think I've earned a bag of minstrals as well.

Total now at 125,000 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment