Wednesday 24 September 2014

Lucy

I came away from the cinema last night trying to work out what I felt about Lucy.

I'll say right off the bat that I ignored the whole using more than 10% of the brain stuff as a Macguffin and left it at that.

The visuals were fantastic all the way through, particularly the wild life inserts that gave an extra depth to the scenes.  It was truly inspiring story telling.

From the trailers I was expecting an action film and for the first half, that is pretty much what I got, fear, excitement, payback, everything.  Then things started to get metaphysical as Lucy expands her mind and powers.  It was strange in a way, as it switched from Leon to the Fifth Element without being as good as either.

Worth a watch I would say and I enjoyed it but I doubt I'll be buying the DVD.

No comments:

Post a Comment