Thursday 4 September 2014

Return for Vengeance

It is days like today that make me think that I can really do this.

I set myself a challenging target of 5,750, to continue my catch up from Tuesday.  The problem was that I didn't really know what I was going to be writing about today.  To say I had a rough outline would be a gross understatement.  The first couple of thousand words were OK, covering a bit of the continued characters getting into position for the big finale.

After that I wasn't sure but I dropped in on Valerie where she is kind of out of the way at the moment and a great scene came to me.  I'd had this idea kicking around the back of my head for months, aimed for the third book as a maybe.  I put it into play now where Valerie was and it flowed really well.  I know have three new characters with their own back story and they are the closest to an alien race I am going to have.  Well I say that but there is always book four. 

I'm kidding, once Valerie has finished her journey I'm off to write some fantasy.  I've a couple of really good ideas that are killing me not to write at the moment.  I don't want to get distracted until Dark Vengeance is completed.

Total now at 89,250 words.

Oh and I passed the halfway mark on Tuesday without even noticing!

No comments:

Post a Comment