Tuesday 3 February 2015

Revolution For Vengeance

Hooeee.  8,500 words today.  That is an unbelievably stupendous day.  I'd need to check this blog, but I'm pretty sure that is a new record.  I just agonised myself with a quick calculation.  If I did that regularly, I could complete a first draft in a month rather the two I currently budget.  Of course that is impossible for several reasons.

Firstly, it's been an eleven out day and I am knackered.  My hands are stiff from ten hours solid writing (hour break for lunch) and my back is sore.  Not too bad thanks to my investing in a decent chair, but still noticeable.

The reason I pushed so hard today is because I failed the last two.  By the end of Thursday, I was 3,000 words ahead of schedule and well on my way to saving a full day.  Friday came along and I wussed out at midday - 2,500 words.  Monday wasn't much better, after a rough morning working out plot stuff, I let myself get distracted by youtube videos for most of the afternoon.  Another 2,500 words.  So I was now 1,500 words behind schedule.

There is nothing like a whiff of desperation to get you going and I was determined to get back on schedule today.  I set myself a stretching, but achievable 6,500 words.  Here we are and I have blown it away and 2,000 ahead again.  A good day tomorrow and I can look forward to gaining that day.

Now I really do need to stop writing.  It's getting painful.

Total now at 67,000 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment