Wednesday 4 February 2015

Revolution For Vengeance & Revenge

Another day and another 6,000 words written.  The day started very well with 3,000 words in the morning.  The afternoon was harder though.  At one point I was writing a sentence, stopping for a few seconds, write a sentence, stop, write, stop.  I lost the constant flow that's there when I'm really into the story.  I'm sure why, I was really enjoying the story.  Maybe I was overly tired from yesterday, after an easier day today, hopefully I'll be more in tune tomorrow.

Now that I'm working on the third book, something I particularly like is having hard copies of the previous books at my elbow.  Not only are they excellent reference points, much better than trawling through a word document or digging up data from a spreadsheet, they are a real incentive.  A constant reminder of 'hey I did it'  OK very few people are buying them, but still.  I'm proud of what I've achieved.  I can point to these and perhaps more later on and say 'I did that'.

There was one particularly nice piece of news today.  I won £80 on the lottery.  How about that?  I never win anything.

Now I just need to work out how I'm going to get everyone out of the corner I've painted them into.  That's pretty much what I do.  I create a challenging scenario, throw the characters in and then work out how they're going to get out.  I think I may have out done myself with this one.  I've yet to rewrite the rules but I may be forced to here.  I can't see a way out.  Never mind, I'll sleep on it and something normally comes to mind, a flash of inspiration or some such.

I mentioned about Emily/Amanda's father in Revenge last week.  They didn't come close to resolving it this week.  I'm going to give them two more before I get annoyed.  Emily's far too smart a character to allow it to go any further than that.

Total now at 73,000 words.  Almost halfway.

No comments:

Post a Comment