Wednesday 25 February 2015

Revolution For Vengeance

A good day at 5,500 words and I finished the last chapter.  I've got a couple of additions to put in and the Epilogue to tie up all the loose ends still to do.  I hope to get that all done and have the first draft completed by end of play Friday.  Wow, it's a big thing, particularly given the low point I was at last week.

When I'm not sure about a word or phrase I'll google it to make sure it's real or makes sense and isn't just me making stuff up.  I wanted to use the phrase 'spidering out' to describe lots of little cracks.  Do you know what the first item was on google?  'How do you get a spider out of your vagina?'  It kind of surprised me and I have to be honest, I almost spat out my tea across the computer.  Unfortunately, I do that on occasion.  A mate of mine once said something particularly funny in a pub and got covered in beer.  Needless to say that the next round was on me.

I suddenly realised last night that I had left a character out.  He was just not doing anything.  Fortunately it's an easy if painstaking fix.  I need to switch him with someone else, their male so only the names to do and a few things they say.  Hopefully no one will notice he's been show horned in.

It's karate night so I need to rush off.

Total now at 135,000 words.  The end is in sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment