Monday 23 February 2015

Revolution For Vengeance

Ah, a great day.  6,500 thousand words completed.  The extra 1,500 words will let me start to catch up a bit.  I could certainly have done more today if I started at the normal time.  This time the delay wasn't me mucking around.  Today I did my full callisthenic and weight work out followed by a twenty-five minute run.  I also had to do the read through before I could start writing.  I normally do that over the weekend, but as you know, I was actually writing yesterday.

So all in all very good.  My aim is still to finish by the end of the week and, if I keep up this pace, it's looking very likely.  I am knackered though.

One thing I'm finding at the moment is that I keep thinking about my next project.  My creativity brain is almost in demob mode where it comes to Dark Vengeance.  It wants to forget about it, put it away and move on.  I'm getting all these ideas for what I'm going to do next and I have to keep reminding myself that this one isn't finished yet.

I'm always like that.  If I go away for a weekend, week, two weeks, whatever, when it comes to the last day I just want to get up and go.  I don't want to hang around and leave sometime in the day.  I want to be gone and out the door as soon as possible.  My mind switches from relaxing to thinking about what I have to do when I get home - washing, cut the grass or even play Skyrim or whatever.  I'm no longer in holiday mode, I'm almost instantly in home mode and the sooner I get there, the better.  That's my weird brain for you.

I did find something interesting over the weekend.  A butcher very local to me in the middle of the small industrial estate.  I'd seen this program on BBC one recently that was all about saving people on their shopping bills.  One point they made was that you can get better produce for the same price from your local butcher.  So having seen the sign for this place, I thought I'd give it a try.  I bought a dozen sausages and half a dozen burgers.  I haven't had the sausages yet, but I had the burgers on Saturday and they were gorgeous.

I don't stimp when it comes to food, I don't go crazy, I have a budget of £3 max for a main meal.  It'll normally end up less than that, it all depends on what I'm cooking.  For burgers I go for decent, fresh stuff rather than frozen and they are nice, but these butchers ones were much better.

Anyway it's 7.00 pm, I'm starving and knackered so time to call it a day.

Total now at 121,500 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment