Tuesday 10 February 2015

Revolution For Vengeance

A fantastic day today at 7,000 words.  I'm very, very pleased with that.  Mainly because I wasn't really sure what I was going to write when I got up this morning.  I finished a big 40,000 word section yesterday and the next one I have been planning since book one.  I just wasn't sure how I as going to move from one to the other.

It actually worked out to be quite easy, I used a little scene that came to me a couple of days ago and seemed to fit nicely.  It snowballed from there and all of a sudden I was into a big reveal and massive emotion.  Now comes the hard part.  I chucked the grenade in and I need to piece it all back together again.  This is where the whiteboard is brilliant.  From one idea, it's quickly filled out into two distinct options.  One is very main story arch based and the other emotional character development.  Not sure which yet.

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I set myself a target of 10,000 word and two exercise sessions of Monday and Tuesday.  I failed that time, but I set it again this week and actually completed it.  I even threw in a run on Monday and did two and a half miles fairly comfortably.  Is this the start of getting back to my June fitness level?  Probably not, but I'll give it a go.

I'm going to play some Fallout 3 while dinner cooks and if I don't get completely hooked, go and see Take 3 finally later.

Revenge is still annoying me.  Emily/Amanda still hasn't told her father who she is.  The big cliff hanger at the end of the episode was her finding out he's be lying about where he's been.  Hardly a surprise for us, but I just wanted to shout at her to talk to him.  She's his daughter, no matter what either of them have done, they'll forgive one another.  One more week of this and I'm getting really annoyed.  That'll be the writers dragging it out further than is believable for the world/characters.

Hmm, that's a very condescending 'I'm a writer' thing to say.  Oh well, that's what's going through my brain.

Total now at 95,500 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment