Wednesday 28 January 2015

Revolution For Vengeance

Phew, another great day and 6,400 words written.  The story is really gaining momentum now and ideas are coming thick and fast.  I've found the same thing with the last two books.  Getting started is hard, but once I'm into my stride things start taking a life of their own.  Scene's in the next chapter/section and even at the end are turning up in my head constantly.  The corkboard is filling up nicely with notes.

It is hard work though.  I'm putting in 10 or 11 hour days.  This morning, for example, I started at 8.00 am (I didn't exercise) and only stopped at 6.00 pm due to it being Karate day.  There was only a half an hour break for lunch as well.  Saying that, it does feel fantastic to be making such good progress.

I have to admit, I was distracted for about 15 mins by twitter.  Jewel Strait posted something about Fleek.  I had no idea what it meant, so I had to look it up.  Turns out it means good, I guess.  An old girlfriend of a friend of mine had a degree in English and became an English teacher.  She used to moan about people not using 'proper English'.

This always bugged me.  Language changes and evolves over time and not much time either.  Look at how far we have come from Latin.  We only codified English in the last couple of hundred years.  The first English dictionary was published in 1604 and not a lot of people had access to it.  So hello to Freek, if it survives in common usage, welcome to the English Language.

I took delivery of the soundtracks from Guardians of the Galaxy and Pacific Rim today.  From what I heard today, they are good albums.  Pacific Rim seems just right for me as writing background.  I find dramatic music really lifts me when I'm writing.

Oops, I need to get to Karate.

Total now at 48,000 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment