Saturday 21 February 2015

Revolution For Vengence & Revenge

OK, it's been a week and a half since my last post.  If you follow this then you've probably guessed things haven't been going well and you'd be right.  At the end of Wednesday last week I'd hit 100,000 words and felt I was in sight of the finish line.  For reason I still haven't managed to come to terms with, that scared the hell out of me.  I lost all focus and will.  I couldn't write.  Since then I have written a massive 11,000 words, most of that over two days - Monday and yesterday.

After a big false start I did manage to get back into the writing yesterday right up until the last minute.  I'm hoping this has gotten me through whatever crap in my head has stopped me.  There's no way to know until I get back to it.  Given I've spent a lot of time playing Fallout 3 or watching TV recently when I should have been working, I'm going to treat tomorrow as a work day.  That isn't an option today as I have my daughter round.  I can only write this now as she is fast asleep in the next room, having asked to have a nap, something she almost never does with me.

Enough of my feeling sorry for myself.  Let's get onto the most important things happening this week.

I have had an excellent review of Crusade for Vengeance and I can assure you, this woman has no connection with me at all.  She found my first book somehow, read it and liked it.  It seems she also liked my second book as well.  Have a read:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/1178172856?book_show_action=true&page=1

Given my mood at the moment this has been a real boost and a big thank you to Sarah.

Revenge Season 4, Episode 7 - Wow.
I was really on the edge of giving up and then Emily/Amanda confronts her father in the last few moments of the episode.  It was fantastic and very well done.  As a writer it leaves me worried I can't fulfill the promises I have made in my books to such a high standard.  I do think we could have done without the cliff hanger at the end.  It wasn't necessary and I felt it took away from the high emotion of their meeting.  Though on the other hand it does kind of encapsulate Victoria and Amanda's relationship.

Formula One
The first race is edging ever closer and I cannot wait for March 14th.  I'm going to be up early to watch the qualifying that's for sure.

As of the end of yesterday I was at 111,000 words and three days behind schedule.  Time to dig deep and claw it back starting tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment