Saturday 7 February 2015

Revolution For Vengeance

Half day yesterday.  I needed to go into town and get a few bits, stools for my daughter so she can reach the toilet, comics, coffee, ladder brace, bank, etc.  I didn't muck around and after a half hour weight/calisthenics session I was at my desk for work at 8.00 am.  My target was a solid 2,500 words.  With what I'd done the rest of the week it would keep me on the 25,000 weekly budget.  I nailed it at 3,500 words and nicely finished the chapter.

Other than that it was a quiet day.  I got almost everything I wanted while out.  I did blow off my last stop.  I want some rose bushes for the garden and the place is about 15 mins away from home.  My last stop was 200m away from my house and I really couldn't be bothered.  Plus when I drop my daughter off later today I'll only be 5 mins from the rose place so it makes more sense to do it after she's back with her mother.

It did let me have a very relaxing hour an a half drinking fresh coffee and reading this month's comics.  I'm mainly a DC fan reading most of the Batman, Wonder Woman and JLA stuff, but I have to admit the first comics I read each month are always IDW's Transformers - Robots in Disguise, More Than Meets the Eye and currently Drift's run.  It's silly I know, but they are good fun and well written.  It does help that I've been a Transformers fan all my life.

Friday was finished off with watching the last three episodes of Firefly while drinking a couple of beers.  I got into Firefly a little late, I saw Serenity at the cinema and then bought the box set.  The writing on that is just incredible, all the way through it's funny, poignant, topical, light hearted, then serious and back to light hearted again so smoothly you don't notice.

Two films that I can watch again and again are Serenity and Avengers Assemble.  Joss Whedon is a genius and the type of writer I can only hope to be in my most fantastical dreams.

My daughter is due from her dance class soon so I've got to go.

Total now at 82,000 words.


No comments:

Post a Comment