Monday 9 February 2015

Revolution For Vengeance

Another day and another 6,000 words written.  I'm very pleased with that.  Particularly as I kind of ran out of steam at 4 pm and 5,000 words.  It was very tempting to leave it there, I was on budget after all.  I started to get distracted on the internet and then I looked something up that has been kicking round my brain for ages - Solar panels.

Several houses around me have them and I've always wondered if it's worthwhile.  A quick look on a couple of websites showed I could get all my power (4000 kwh a year) from solar and possibly sell more back to the grid.  So I made a call and now have an appointment with someone in a few days.

This refreshed me and I got back to it.

One thing I was horrified to discover today is that Top Gear has been on for the past three weeks and I had no idea.  Thankfully iplayer has them and I downloaded all three straight away, watching the first one at lunchtime.  I do enjoy Top Gear.  I know it's not really a car show anymore, but three middle aged guys having fun in and with cars.  That's what I love about it and their fairly unpc view on the world.

Much is obviously a set up.  For instance, Jeremy Clarkson was driving a hover craft in St Petersburg and accidently hit a beach to crash into the sea wall.  Yet he managed to land on the one spot with no one in the way for him to hit.  The rest of the beach had people all along it.  As long as you don't take it seriously, it's very good fun to watch.

The weekend was very productive.  I've currently got twenty jobs on my to do list.  These are all not work related.  I've got six rolling one's on my work list and they get done come hell or high water.  So, twenty jobs and I managed to do six, including cleaning the car which I hate.  I was very pleased with that.  On top of them, I also played about five hours of Fallout 3 fulfilling my relaxation time as well.

I like Fallout 3, but I'm not loving it.  If I loved it as much as GTA, Batman Arkham and Elder Scrolls, I would be itching to play it right now.  As it is I'm fairly not that bothered.  That is still a good thing in a way.  When I bought Arkham Origins before Christmas, I did kind of lose four full working days due to weak will power.

Total now at 88,000 words

No comments:

Post a Comment