Wednesday 27 August 2014

Return For Vengeance

Bother, I just realised something.  I went and gave blood this afternoon and I meant to get a sticker for my daughter but I forgot.  That's annoying.

Due to giving blood I had written this afternoon off for writing and budgeted 2,000 words for this morning.  It always takes me a while to get into the flow so I've never managed more than 2,500.  As it turns out I did 3,000 words which pleased me a lot.

I was actually home from giving blood by 3.30pm so I did consider carrying on but I felt I had already written the afternoon off and I really wanted to catch up with my reading.  I'm glad I did as well, it gave me an excellent idea how to structure the second half of the book.  Not copying, just inspired by what I was reading.

Time for some dinner now and then off to Karate.  Hopefully that won't be as bad an idea after giving blood as I think it might be.  We'll see.

Total now at 61,500 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment