Thursday 21 August 2014

Return For Vengeance

These are long days.  I was up at seven this morning, shave, brush my teeth, ten minutes of calisthenics, breakfast, shower and then off to do the weekly food shop.  By 8.30 am I was at my desk and on to work.  30 mins of social media, 60 mins running through yesterdays writing and then I start today's writing.  Hour break for lunch at 1.00 pm.

It is now just gone 6.00 pm and I've done 6,000 words so I've called it a day.  The oven is on for dinner and while it warms up I'm writing this.  I'll have dinner and then I'll be back at my desk by around 8.00 pm to do an hour of telling people about Reason.

That is not unusual for me when I'm in the zone editing or writing.  Of course there have been days where I have done nothing but play Settlers all day.  Those where when I let the pressure off.  Now I'm determined to have the first draft at approx 150,000 words done by the end of September.  To do that I have to write a minimum of 5,000 words a day, Monday to Friday.  I'm trying to do more than that to give myself a buffer.  Also the quicker I finish the quicker it gets published.

By the way, I'm not complaining.  I really don't mind doing all the work.  If people like what I'm writing, then I will reap all the benefit.  In my previous life I saved the company £1,000,000 and yet I saw none of that.



So anyway, onwards!  6,000 words written today and the total is now at 46,500 words!

No comments:

Post a Comment