Saturday 9 August 2014

Reason For Vengeance

After a couple of days off to spend with my daughter and see my brand new niece (who is gorgeous) I was back to work yesterday.  No actual writing done but I edited the new prologue again.  I'll do another run at it after I've written this and print off a couple of copies for my proof readers who are coming round today anyway.

Once that was done I spent some time working out how to create EPUB, MOBI and PDF files from a Word DOCX.  After a bit of digging I found a program called Calibre that made it very easy to do.  The good news is that I can convert the file without a large amount of changes and that will save me a lot of time once it is ready for publication.  I also came across a UK start up publisher called Huffier who wants to take on Amazon.  Pretty ambitious but if I get on the ground floor it could help a lot to have my book in there where there is little competition. 

The ITIN number to stop me having to pay the US 30% of my gross is not easy.  I've now contacted two firms and neither even know which department I need to speak to.  I have left messages but no one has come back to me yet.  Oh well I'll keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment