Monday 1 December 2014

Crusade For Vengeance

I had a good afternoon in London on Friday.  I met up with some old friends in a pub by Covent Garden.  There was good beer and good conversation.  I like going into London, I worked there for eight years and there are some parts I know well.  I get the train into Euston station and then it's a pleasant walk down to Covent Garden.  On previous trips I've arrived earlier and gone to the British Library and the British Museum, both are nearby.  I actually walk past the British Museum.

Today was a good day.  Another 5,000 good words written and as it happens, that finishes off the additional section I've been writing.  It came in at a total of 21,000 words and, if it's all included, will bring the total of the book to 148,500.  A much more respectable number.

I need to make some amendments to integrate it into the story but nothing too bad.  I just finished one of those and I think I only need to do one more.

Something I have noticed is that my spelling has improved. It's no way near perfect, but I'm getting a lot more words correct than I used to.  Now if only I could get my grammar and punctuation up to the same level.  Word doesn't really cover punctuation very well.

I do have a second addition in mind for the book.  I've been thinking about it and I'm not so sure anymore.  If I do it, it moves a major character out of position and a whole stack of cards comes crashing down.  Fixing a weak point could have far bigger ramifications.  I'm really not sure.  Hmm, I just had an idea of another way to write it or more accurately, one of the suggested amendments might make more sense now.  Something to consider overnight.

Well it's been a ten and a half hour day’s work and my dinner is almost ready.  Time to call it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment