Monday 15 December 2014

Crusade For Vengeance

I finished the final edit of Crusade earlier today.  It occurred to me that it will be the last editing I have to do until I finish the next book.  That is a real relief, editing isn't fun.  Writing is much more enjoyable.  I still have a fair bit to do before I get to start on book three though.  I estimate I won't start actually writing until after Christmas.

Defiance season two finished recently and I just watched the last two episodes back to back.  It was a very good ending and hopefully they are filming the third season.  I love the characters, the storylines and their not afraid to knock off a character here and there.

I've gotten into Elementary recently.  Sky has the first two seasons for download and with the package I have it doesn't cost me any extra.  I've really enjoyed it.  Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu are both very good.  For me though, the stand out has to be Natalie Dormer.  Her role is a real stand out and I hope she comes back in later seasons.

When I first saw it, I thought it was a bit derivative.  At the same time you had Benedict Cumberbatch and Robert Downey Jr playing the same role.  Those aren't two actors you'd want to go up against, so I passed Elementary by.  To be fair I think Cumberbatch does it better and Downey is more Hollywood obviously, but Elementary does fill my quirky detective role.

Speaking of Quirky detective, when is season 7 of Castle going to be on UK TV??

I noticed something recently and I think Castle may have been the recent catalyst.  There are quite a few detective/cop shows with the straight laced female cop type paired with a quirky male partner.  You've got Castle, Elementary, Forever, Sleepy Hollows, Stalker and The Black List all using the same format.  It's all down to Mulder and Scully, though I'm sure it was done even before them.  Hmm, you could even throw Doctor Who in there and that pre-dates them all.

I was thinking about Avengers Assemble this morning while I brushed my teeth.  I've watched it at least six times now, the last time only a couple of weeks ago.  While I was thinking about it, it occurred to me that I would quite happily watch again this morning.  That is a truely great example of entertainment, story telling and writing.  Damn Joss Whedon is good.

Off to watch Gotham now.  Another excellent show.

No comments:

Post a Comment