Friday 12 December 2014

Crusade For Vengeance

I started on the final Crusade for Vengeance edit yesterday.  It went very well, 70 pages during the day and a further 30 pages while my little girl was asleep.  I lost the first couple of hours as I needed to re-submit the files of Reason For Vengeance to Create Space.  Somehow this little square turned up in my manuscript at the end of six chapters.  It didn't show up on Word, only once it had been converted.  It was very strange and could only be seen when you use the track changes function.  When I had the first one I was able to paste it into search to delete the others.

My daughter had a bit of a rough night, last night and woke a couple of times coughing.  She's not ill really, it's one of those cold/cough things that doesn't go away.  The poor girl coughed so much she was sick at one point.  She was a real trooper though, after an initial and very understandable want to see her mummy, she settled down and let me clean her up.  Within half an hour we had her changed and her bedding replaced.  When her Mum got home she didn't even wake up and that's unusual.

The trickiest thing was her hair.  If you've seen my photo, you know I don't have much of it.  I haven't washed my own hair in almost ten years,.  Shower gel and a sponge is all I need these days.  I honestly had no idea where to start with hers.  I got most of the sick out of course, but it was pretty tangled.  I didn't feel confident in washing her hair for the first time, in the middle of the night, with an upset two year old.  Maybe once she had calmed down and was happy I should have tried.  I'll give it a go next time.

Today I'm up to 70 pages so far and I hope to get at least another 30 done before I'm off to look after my daughter again.  I'm well on target to get it finished by end of play Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment