Tuesday 9 December 2014

Crusade For Vengeance

With the final edit of Reason complete I went to work on the new chapters I wrote for Crusade.  There are 50 pages and, based on my recent work, I presumed it would take all morning for the edit.  This afternoon I needed to pop out for the last of the Christmas shopping and I'm off in a few minutes to pick up my little girl.  My plan was to finish the edit and take it with me to work on once she was asleep.

I actually had the edit done by 11.30 and all the amendments done by lunch.  I was back by 3.00 pm so I've spent the last hour printing off Crusade for it's final edit.  I have the first 50 pages in my bag to work on later.

I could not believe how little I needed to amend the new stuff.  I've been implementing everything I've learned over the last six months into my writing.  It's a lot cleaner now and needs less polish.  How much of that is rose tinted glasses syndrome, I couldn't honestly tell you.

I do feel very good about it all though.

P.S.  I spelt syndrome right on the first go.  Cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment