Sunday 7 December 2014

Reason For Vengeance

It's Sunday and I'm working.  Not a lot, but I wanted to get a couple of hours in today.  30 pages amended, bringing the total to 100.  The plan for tomorrow is to import them all by the end of the day.  It should be possible.  I'm averaging about twenty pages an hour and I have one hundred and ninety to do.  It will still be a long day.

I was on Goodread's earlier and I stumbled on books by Richard Castle, as in the murder/mystery series Castle with Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic.  I'm a big fan of the show, I think it's brilliant and I can't wait until season seven comes out in the UK.  I was confused how a fictional author could write books.  It turns out they've written the books they made up for the show.  I wanted to get on with the editing so I didn't look into them.  I'm going straight back to Goodread's and see if they've had good reviews.  If so, I'll give them a go.

Last night I was looking after my two year old.  After she went to bed I did thirty pages of amendments.  Later in the night, after I finished she woke up.  She didn't complain or anything, but she looked so cute with her mussed up hair, I gave her a big cuddle.  To be honest, with her relaxed on my shoulder, I didn't want to put her down.  Eventually I got up the will power to put her back to bed.

I've been trying to quantify my feelings while I was hugging her and I can't.  The love I feel for my little girl is so immense I can't describe it.

Well that was a bit mushy, still true though.

Back to the writing stuff, I've added the soundtrack to X-Men 2 to my writing/work playlist.  It's a good choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment