Monday 2 March 2015

Revolution For Vengeance - Editing

So first day of editing and it has been a successful day - 225 pages read.  I'm not doing a proper edit.  This is more of a story check to make sure I haven't forgotten a character, left plot lines hanging that kind of thing.  The strangest bit about it is how much the story has affected me emotionally while I read it.

I have genuinely enjoyed it as much as I have sitting reading the Wheel of Time, Honor Harrington novels and others of my favourites.  All of these I have gladly spent whole days reading.  Now I'm not saying my book is as good as these, not by a long shot.  My language and prose alone is miles behind these giants.  I'm only talking about my emotional response.  Today has not felt like work in the slightest.  Even when I have an enjoyable day writing 7,000+ words I am absolutely knackered.  That is not the case today.  I liked the byplay between characters and the poignant sections left tears in my eyes.

Is that wrong to say that about your own work?  I have no idea.  Hopefully my friends who very kindly act as my beta readers will like it just as much.

The strangest thing today though, was that I found a gazeebo outside my house.  It's been very windy today and it must have been blown out of someone’s back garden.  I have no idea whose it is or where it's come from.  I've left it in a corner where it can be easily seen from the road and won't blow off again.  Hopefully the owner will find it.

Dinner is almost cooked, so time for food!

No comments:

Post a Comment