Wednesday 4 March 2015

Revolution For Vengeance

Another successful day.  I think I might be making a habit of this.  First edit is complete and all the amendments have been completed.  Nothing structural I could see that need changes and only a couple of plot points I had to tidy up.  I did see a description that would fit in and a scene that looked interesting.  Neither are necessary, but the 140K word count is bugging me.  I would have much preferred for it to be closer to 145.

I'll see how I feel tomorrow.  If I don't write them, I'm going to do a few odd jobs tomorrow and start edit two on Thursday.  This will be the full word by word check.  It's much more stringent and time consuming.

Something I have enjoyed the last couple of days is sitting in my lounge with the winter sun coming through the window.  If I positon my chairs just right, it feels like I'm out in the garden on a hot summer's day.

I like watching Hawaii 5.0.  It's fun no thinking entertainment.  I don't mind that is basically a giant advert for Hawaii, but what has been bugging me lately is I think it may be sexist.  The character Kono is always given the talk to child, look after the witness, etc jobs.  The whole team went into action the week before last and Kono was the only one who didn't shoot a bad guy.

This weeks episode kind of woke me up to it as we actually see Kono fighting someone and guess what?  It's a woman.  They also had Kono doing the run and hide option rather stand and fight as the male characters in the show do.  There was one scene where Kono sets up a perfect trap and then uses it to get away rather than shoot the bad woman in the back.  A second strong female character has been in it since the beginning.  She wasn't a major character, more someone to turn to if the team can't work something out.  Last season they made her part of the team and then send her off at the end of the season.  Very annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment