Monday 16 March 2015

Revolution For Vengeance

I can tell I'm editing.  Not so much to report.

I started the 3rd edit today and I'm a little concerned.  When I did my word by word edits of Reason and Crusade, I averaged 15 pages an hour.  It was slow painstaking work as I had to make a number of amendments.  For Revolution, I'm running at 30 pages an hour with very few changes.  I found the same thing with the 2nd edit so I'm paying even more attention this time and still I'm seeing very few errors.

Either my writing is just that good now or I'm missing loads of things.  I don't really know which.  I've sent Revolution off to my friends to look through and warned them about this, so hopefully they can see if I have missed stuff.

My writing has certainly improved immensely.  I read through a short story I wrote in April of last year.  The difference in quality is astounding.  I still like the story and characters, but the way I've written it means it needs a lot of work.  I'm going to finish the 3rd edit tomorrow, so I'm going to drag out that short story and edit it.  It'll be a good exercise at least.

I edited 180 pages today and stopped a little early so I can catch up on a few things, like this blog and listening to Writing Excuses.  I normally do this over the weekend, but my little girl was ill Saturday, it was the Grandprix and Mother's Day so I was down in Essex on Sunday.

I was really excited about the Formula One opening race in Australia.  I didn't get up at 4.30 am to watch it, but I was up at 6.00 am so I could see it before leaving for Essex.  A bit of a boring race from a pure racing point of view.  I still thoroughly enjoyed it with all the technical stuff going on.  Who was going to drop out next?  Only fifteen started the race out of twenty and eleven finished, only one due to a crash.  Sauber are actually third in the championship.  Sauber?  Can you believe it?  It's been a while since they were there.

Malaysia is in a couple of weeks’ time and I can't wait.  In the meantime I have Saturday's Formula E race to watch and the BTCC kicks off on Sunday.  I love the fact my sports are back!

I've got a belt test Friday so I'm going to go and practise my Karate before dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment