Tuesday 17 March 2015

Revolution For Vengeance - Editing

3rd edit completed and still very few changes needed, at least that's what I think.  I did see somewhere I think I need to add a bit more of a story.  Nothing serious, just somewhere I may have promised more than I delivered.  It shouldn't be much more than 500-1,000 words so I'll get that done tomorrow.

I also did that edit of the short story.  I'll print it off and do a word by word edit tomorrow after the amendments are done.  At this rate I can do my last edit of Revolution, the first 50 pages read aloud, before the week is up.  This can give me the whole of next to devote to deciding which of my top two story ideas I want to go with for my fourth book.

I thought up a twist on one of them that would make it very interesting I think, but will need quite a bit of planning to pull off.  I'm a little worried my skills aren't there yet to do it justice, so it has actually made me shy away from that one.  I'll see what I can come up with next week for them both before deciding.

Is it just me or are the BBC pushing the anti-Jeremy Clarkson rhetoric a bit too far?  He took a number of hits on Red Nose day.  I thought that was fair enough as it's coming from comedians, but they then reported those jokes in the news.  It was brought up in Question Time, again fair enough as it came from a member of the public and they mentioned it would be a topic on This Week.  I watched that episode and they really went to town on it.  Now like him or hate him, this seems a bit much as he is meant to be innocent until proven guilty.

Either Clarkson has pissed off a lot of people in the BBC over the years, which is a possibility, or someone high up in the corporation really wants to put a nail in his coffin.  Personally, I'm a big fan of Top Gear, if not all of his personal views.  It is one of the few programs I make a point of watching the night it's shown.  The only other show I do that for is the Blacklist.

It's karate time again.

No comments:

Post a Comment