Wednesday 1 October 2014

Crusade For Vengeance

I've had a few days off including some time to help my sister move house which was time well spent.  Except for yesterday though.  After a hectic couple of days moving I thought I'd take the morning to play Empire: Total War and start work after lunch.  Yeah, that didn't happen.  I made the mistake of watching an episode of the West Wing with lunch and it was so good I watched another, then another, then another...  You're seeing where this went.  I stopped watching at 11pm, so much for will power.

Never mind, that was September and the plan was always to spend October editing.

Here we are 1st of October and may the editing commence.

Commence it did.  I printed out the manuscript for the first time and that is a great thing to see.  A word or page count on a screen does not have nearly the same impact as seeing the pages sitting, all together stacked up on your desk.

After absorbing that wonderful sight for a few minutes I got to work.  My writing is certainly cleaner this time with a lot less mechanical issues.  It helped that a friend had already taken a look at the first half and I'd been doing the morning re-through of the previous days work.

I did 158 pages today and I'm very pleased with the result.  I haven't found any structural issues and aside for some conversations that feel they need bulking up it's looking good.  Of course that might just be my rose tinted writers eyes.

For Reason I personnally did two editing runs with three more done by my Mum, Rich and Graham.  Hopefully they'll be up for doing it again along with my friend Stuart.   For Crusade I'm hoping, time permitting to do four runs at it myself.

I am interested to see how many errors I will find in that final run.

No comments:

Post a Comment