Tuesday 7 October 2014

Crusade For Vengeance

I had a bad review on Friday and it really threw me.  I've heard people talk about this and I must admit that I thought I wouldn't be effected by it all that much.  I was very wrong, it really destroyed my confidence and I couldn't write or even edit all day, hence no updates since Thursday.

After a good weekend with my daughter and spending some quality time down the pub with a couple of good mates I was back on an even keel, well mostly.  After a late start yesterday I got on with the editing and completed another hundred pages until I hit a bit of a bump.  I suddenly realised that I'd contradicted myself on how a life worked.  I had the enemy switch off the power and then a chapter later the heroes move it.  Sounds minor but when I started looking at it some more, every solution I came up with snowballed into a half dozen other things that happen later on.

I've been thinking about this all of yesterday afternoon, evening and this morning.  Fortunately what I think to be the solution came to me in the shower a few minutes ago.  Now I need to re-write a few passages but it shouldn't be too much.

The plan is to have the first edit done by the end of the day and then I can get started on some revisions of Reason based on feedback I've had.  Nothing major, mainly just tidying up.

No comments:

Post a Comment