Friday 10 October 2014

Dark Vengeance

Not much to report for the last couple of days.  I've been reading a far amount about how to write and edit along with catching up on the last month or so of Writing Excuses podcasts.  I'd certainly recommend those for any budding writer, they have some good stuff in.

I've been kicking around some ideas for book three today.  The first couple of chapters are locked in for now along with the crescendo ending to the trilogy.  I don't have any hook though to drive the story to that point.  It's early days, I'll keep working on it.

In the meantime I may well be getting a visit from the Police.  I've just spent some time researching how you make gun powder online for a story idea.  It's one that has been kicking round my head for almost six months now.  Gunpowder/muskets isn't anything new, I know.  Some excellent writers have already done it.  Promise of Blood by Brian McClellan is a good example that I would recommend people check out.

For the record I had my idea before I saw anything that had already been released.  I think my take on it is unique and hopefully it still will be once I've gotten round to writing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment