Monday 20 October 2014

Crusade For Vengeance

Sorry for the lack of posts recently.  I've been editing Crusade and to be honest, it's a bit boring, NOT THE BOOK!  The editing.  So nothing to report.

It's coming along though and I've learnt more about it as I go.  My first pass through the book took about a week in total.  I really enjoyed reading it cover to cover, there were only a handful of plot points to iron out and I thought I'd caught most, if not all the mechanical errors.

Yeah, I was falling myself.  Plot wise, I still stand by it.  Mechanically?  Not a chance.  I'm on my second, much more thorough run through and I'm finding a lot.  Some of it simply word choice.  I use had, as and so far too much.  Most of the time I only need to remove them and it reads a lot better.

Fortunately Eve Online sent me a 10 day free pass.  I haven't played it for two years.  I'm not playing it while working, well not properly.  I'm just sending my ship out to mine Ice or asteroids.  The ship can do it without my intervention for an hour at a time.  Then all I need to do is a quick pop into a space station which takes two minutes.  It's just something to have on the screen and keep me sane.

I saw a good example of why you need to be careful on social media earlier.  Someone on twitter posted an article from an American website saying that Banksy had been arrested and his identity released.  I was shocked by this and wanted to post it myself.  I'm English, so I wanted to use an article from the BBC.  Nothing on their site, very strange.  After Googling it, I discovered it was all fake.

Don't believe everything you see on the net!  Wow, isn't that profound and unoriginal.

No comments:

Post a Comment