Tuesday 27 January 2015

Revolution For Vengeance, Revenge and Empire Magazine

A great day today.  6,000 words written, though it was a push and I won't be going to see Taken 3 tonight.  Partly because it is gone seven and I've only just put dinner on.  By the time I cook, east and do the washing up it will be too late.  It's mainly though as I didn't exercise this morning.  I'd like to say it's down to my muscles aching from yesterday or the background head ache I had all morning.  None of that is the truth.  It's really beacause I couldn't be bothered.  Oh well.  Try again tomorrow.

SPOILERS TO TV SHOW REVENGE

Since I wasn't going to exercise, I watched last night's episode of Revenge instead this morning.  Last week we saw David Clarke standing over Emily's sleeping form and when he hesitated I thought he recognised her.  This made me excited to watch the next one.  What would he say to Victoria that she is pitting him against his own daughter?

Needless to say I was disappointed at first when it all seemed to go back on track for Victoria.  Then came David's big reveal to the Police, Emily's emotion at seeing her father alive, keeping them apart and then the press conference.  You could see where it was going by then.  I just hope they don't string it out too much.

I love Revenge because the characters aren't stupid.  They don't do things because the story needs to be delayed or stretched out.  If things go wrong it is due to forces outside their control.

For Emily, seeing her father isn't difficult and convincing him she is his daughter maybe a struggle, but all it would take is some real details from childhood, particularly with Nolan backing her up.  I'm not sure what Jack's up to.  If they don't do that in a reasonable amount of time, it's going to ruin it for me.

Speaking of ruining and Taken 3 earlier, for some reason I looked up Empire Magazines review and saw it had two stars, the same as Taken 2 and I could understand that.  I enjoyed Taken 2, but it didn't really bring anything new to the table.  What shocked me was the Review for Taken.  They gave it one star and one of the worst reviews I've ever read.  Mostly they complained about how the film makers portrayed Europe as being too dangerous for Americans, with every single person a crook or corrupt.  That describes every Thriller and Action film/TV show out there.  It's kind of the whole point.  A lone hero against the world.

It's the same in 24, Die Hard, the Bourne films, Bond, etc, etc.  I do have different tastes to Empire, it's true.  Where I see an enjoyable film worth a couple of hours of my time and money, they slate it because the acting’s pour and the story is uninspired.  Sometimes I just like to see lots of things blow up.

Anyway rant over and dinner's almost ready - Total now a 42,000 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment