Wednesday 21 January 2015

Revolution For Vengeance

A good day today, a solid 5,000 words written.  I'm happy with that. I could have continued and done more, but it's Karate day so I'm off in a minute to that.

Two of the words I struggled with today were pursuers (found under chase) and skewers (I thought it started with squ so thank you Google, it came up after I typed Kebab s).

My biggest challenge when writing is the hook at the start of a scene/chapter that sets it all rolling.  I worked on two scenes today.  The first I started yesterday and that was easy to continue and finish.  The second was a completely new start.  I knew roughly what was going to happen, but not quite how certain pieces fitted together.  It took me about two hours to get that straight in my head.

Of course it wasn't helped when I realised I had five groups of people on four different worlds and I had to check when they arrived.  That took quite a bit of working out distances, speeds and timings.  Fortunately I was just about spot on with my initial finger in the air guess.  I only had to switch two chapters round and they were unrelated so it didn't make any difference.  Of course I didn't have to do that.  There is no map included in the book and don't I list out all the timings, but know that I do have a map and all the distances have been worked out.

I wrote something completely new today, a car chase scene.  I'm quietly positive about the result.  Hopefully I'll feel the same way when I do the read through in the morning.

Total now at 19,500 words.  Making progress and I know what I'm writing tomorrow so fingers crossed I'll be able to more of the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment