Tuesday 20 January 2015

Revolution For Vengeance

My writing speed has been a bit pants recently, hence the lack of posts.  Friday was particularly bad, so bad I think I might have been banging on the door of depression.  Fortunately an excellent weekend with my daughter and down to Essex to see the family perked me right up.  Either that or I got a decent bout of fear of failure.  Whatever works.

Since my last post on Wednesday, I managed 2,000 Thursday, none Friday, 2,500 yesterday, but today it was all different.  A stonking 6,000 words written.  I'm confident I could have added another 1,000 to that, but I had to stop to see my daughter.  She had a bit of a tantrum by the way because her mother took her dummy away.  Her mother asked which pyjamas she wanted to wear and when she refused to answer removed the dummy.  Quite rightly I'd say, she needs to learn she can't have everything her way.

After getting back from there, making dinner, eating dinner and doing the washing up it was 9.30 and too late to continue.  I mean it's 10.00 pm and I'm working by writing this post.

One of the things I find interesting about writing is the words.  Often I'm in the middle of a sentence and I can't quite get my head around the next word.  I have the sense of the word right there in my brain, I know it exists and what it feels like, but no actual letters to put it together.  Sometimes it can be a bit of an investigation to find it.  For instance I wanted to use ethereal, after a bit of thinking I looked up wraith in my thesaurus and there it was.  Before seeing it, I couldn't even tell you what letter it started with.  Another was benefit, not an unusual word, but it had somehow slipped out of my head.  I can't remember where I found that one.

It has been a great day's writing, I know what I'm going to write tomorrow so I'm off to watch TV for a bit before bed.

Total for Revolution For Vengeance - 14,500 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment