Wednesday 1 April 2015

The New Project

Slow progress, but progress at the very least.  A little under 4,000 words written today.  I had hoped to get to 5,500, but it was not to be.  I was on track at lunchtime and then I had to stop for a while as I worked out some long term dynamics.  It should be better tomorrow.

There are many things I love about writing.  One in particular popped out to me today.  In a way it's like watching your favourite TV show, except you are the one deciding what happens next.  When you're in the flow and it just rolls out of you, that is an amazing feeling.

I had my characters drinking nettle tea and it occurred to me that I have never tried it.  So, once they are up and about, I'm going to give it a go.  After a quick look on the web for research, it is really easy to do.  I'm interested to see what it tastes like.  I also want to experiment with drying them out to see if they last at all.

That's something different about fantasy over science fiction.  You get to try out real old world stuff.  You can't experience teleportation, but you can make a pastry parcel out of salmon, red wine and egg.  That was a delicacy in the 14th century I think.  I'm not 100% sure, I saw it on TV ages ago.  I made a note of the recipe and not when it was used.

Off to Karate now - Total now at 8,000 words.

Oh - google are very cruel.  They made it so you can play Pacman on google maps.  How is that not a complete distraction?  I have to resist playing Pacman on the streets of my town!

No comments:

Post a Comment