Friday 17 April 2015

New Project

Nothing blogged about on the new project since April 1st.  Wow.  The reason is that it's been hard, very hard.  I think I know why.  For Reason I was thinking about the story for three months before I started writing.  When I did it, was 500 or 1,000 words here and there in the evening.  It was only when I was made redundant five months and 50,000 words later I started writing all day.  At that point, after a couple of trial days, I knew it was possible to write 5,000 words in a day, I'd even clocked 7,000 once.

For Crusade and Revolution the world and characters were already there.  All I needed was to set up the senarios and everything flowed from there.  This time I'm starting from scratch again and from a brand new idea.  I only came up with it two weeks before I wrote the first word.  Yep, I can see why I'm struggling.

The good news is that I am still on schedule to finish the first draft by the end of May, which has always been my plan.  I've got 27 writing days left and 26 days of writing to do.  The characters are settling in nicely, though I've still got to introduce about half a dozen secondary’s, a couple of those being the main villains, so I imagine that's going to slow me down again.

This is definitely more challenging, but then again, if it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

6,000 words written today and the total now at 20,000.  I'm feeling positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment