Tuesday 21 April 2015

New Project

Another very good day.  Just shy of 7,000 words.  That's three in a row.  If I can keep this up, I'll be hitting 45,000 before Friday and gain a day back.

Something that occurred to me today is how useful breaks are.  I'm not talking about time away from the screen, rest, etc, but purely from a writing perspective.  I think sometimes when you're writing dialogue, you can get lost in the moment and it drones on unchecked.  The break allows you to walk away and when you come back, you’re out of that grove.  While you work to get back into it, you're thinking more about what happens next and not just the conversation.  This tightens up the dialogue into natural endings rather than going on and on.

That's about it for today.  Nothing else to report.  I'm working my way through the MCU in preparation of Avengers: Age of Ultron.  Tonight it's my favourite of them all, Avengers Assemble while eating a very calorific pizza.  I thought I had a shepherds pie in the freezer, but it turns out I don't, so it's pizza instead.

Total now at 33,000 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment