Monday 11 May 2015

Still on the Short Story

I've finished part 2 of what I think is going to be a five part short story.  I guess it's going to be more of a Novella in the end.  I wrote 2,000 words and then went out into the garden to edit while sitting in the Sun.  It was very pleasant.

Not much else to report I guess.  The Spanish Grandprix was good yesterday and good win for Rosberg.  It looks like it is all going Hamilton's way, but all it takes is a single DNF and suddenly Rosberg is ahead again.

I always watch the Sky coverage even when the BBC has it.  I think they've done a really good job, though Crofty is a bit annoying when he's not commentating.  His style is too sensationalist for me.  I much prefer Martin Brundle or Ted Kravitz's calm and measured approach.  I really missed Ted's coverage at the final test before the start of the season.  Crofty gave us almost no useful information.

50% of F1 is racing and the other half is technical.  We need to know what new gubbins are being put on the cars.  Spain was a clear example of that.  Mclaren leapfrogged Force India and Sauber in qualifying because of their developments.  These are the things we need to know about, not what Lewis has been up to when not racing.  Though I did wonder if that's why Rosberg beat him.  Did Rosberg put more time in learning in the simulator or other preparations than Lewis?  That would be an interesting story to look into.

My one real complaint though is they always seem to forget about Williams.  Yes they've been at the back for years, but last year they came a very strong third and they've been third all this year.  Yet Torro Rosso, Mclaren and Force India all seem to get more coverage.  Don't forget that Williams are the third most successful team in F1 history.  Only Ferrari and Mclaren have done better.

That's my moan done for the day.  Off to watch Prometheus for the first time.  Unfortunately, I don't think there are any Aliens in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment