Tuesday 25 November 2014

Crusade For Vengeance

It's been a while again since my last post.  Not much to report really other than my struggles with finishing Crusade.

The book is about 95% there now with most of the editing done.  At the moment I am trying to write about three additional chapters.  One of my alpha readers suggested that Hanna became too competent suddenly without any build up.  He was right, it was something I had noticed but I wasn't sure if it was just me being overly critical.  It's very difficult to have a good perspective on my own work.

In Reason he is responsible for Julianna.  He suggested I should use the rebellion more in the story and from that came the Hive and Julianna.

After he told me this the scenario came to me fairly quickly and in a couple of hours I had a section mapped out more completely than ever before.  The one thing I couldn't think of was the original hook, the starting point that gets the ball rolling.  It took me over a week of procrastinating to find it.  Once I did, it has really been difficult to write.

My days have been, 1000, 500, 1,500, 2,500 words with whole days of nothing in between.  Not good.  I am feeling more positive now than I have for a couple of weeks though.  The first chapter is done and I'm very pleased with it.

Now I'm stuck again as now I'm at point B, I don't know how to get to point C.  What's the angle of attack?  What are Hanna and Deni going to do?  I don't know.  Hopefully I'll have some inspiration overnight and come up with something.

No comments:

Post a Comment